If you dream of having a large, sexy bust, you have probably thought about breast augmentation surgery. Here’s what you need to know about this procedure and how it can give you the curves you’ve always wanted.
There’s a reason that breast augmentation is the most popular surgical procedure in the country. Millions of women have found that it’s the only way to reshape their bodies and give them full, beautiful breasts that make them proud of their bodies.
What Can Breast Augmentation Do for You?
- You’ll enhance your self-confidence and self-esteem when you like the way your body looks.
- You’ll have a body that’s well-proportioned and shapely.
- Get ready to enjoy wearing your favorite clothes without embarrassment.
- If your breasts are uneven, now they’ll be perfectly matched.
- Most women report feeling more attractive and desirable after a breast augmentation.
- Change your body and your life in one day.
Why Women Continue to Get Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation is the most popular cosmetic procedure in the U.S., followed by liposuction. Many celebrities and ordinary women openly share their desire to get this procedure done, their results and their favorite surgeons.
- Most women consider large breasts an essential part of a gorgeous body.
- Curvy, sexy shapes are always in style.
- New surgical techniques and state-of-the-art implants give even better results.
- The results look and feel natural.
- Your results can last up to 10 years.
Benefits of Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Breast augmentation surgery gives you predictable, long-lasting results.
- Breast augmentation surgery has over 98% positive ratings on cosmetic surgery review sites.
- Modern implants give you amazingly natural-looking results.
- It is a safe, FDA-approved procedure.
What Choices Do You Have When It Comes to Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation surgery refers to any surgery that makes the breasts larger and fuller. When you select this procedure, you have a wide choice of sizes, shapes, and outcomes that you can choose.
In consultation with our plastic surgeon, you can design a new bustline that is the shape and size you want and that’s in perfect proportion to your body.
You have the freedom to select:
- Your cup size.
- Where the fullness hits.
- Projection, or how far out your breasts extend from your chest.
In addition, you can also decide what type of implant you prefer. There are three types of implants that are available:
- Silicone implants.
- Saline implants.
- Natural fat transfer.
Make the Choice: Silicone or Saline?
Silicone and saline are both good choices, and your decision will depend on your personal choices in consultation with our plastic surgeon. Both types of implant are FDA-approved for breast augmentation surgery.
Silicone implants account for more than 90% of breast augmentation surgeries. The implants arrive in various sizes that are filled with medical-grade silicone.
In a 2010 survey of women who had breast augmentation after a mastectomy, the women who had silicone implants reported higher satisfaction with their new breasts than those who got saline implants.
- Silicone implants give a natural look and feel to the breasts.
- Some new silicone implants come with an insert that gives the breast natural-looking movement.
- Silicone implants come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.
Unlike pre-filled silicone implants, saline implants arrive empty. During surgery, our doctor injects saline solution into the implant until it reaches the correct size.
- Saline implants require a smaller incision than silicone implants do.
- They’re a good option if you’re concerned about silicone allergies.
- They tend to cost less than silicone implants.
What Are “Gummy Bear” Implants?
These are silicone implants. They’re made of cohesive silicone gel that some doctors believe retains its shape better than regular silicone implants do.
Breast implants come in various sizes. They are defined in cubic centimeters and can go all the way from an extra-small small 120 cc that will give you about half a cup size to extra-large 800 cc. Most women find that an implant between 250 cc and the 350 cc gives them the most natural look.
You’ll also need to determine the level of profile that you want. The term profile refers to how far your breasts point out from your chest. Most implants come in low, high, or ultra-high profiles.
Our doctor can help you further refine your results by discussing where on your new breasts you want the most fullness.
What about Fat Transfer?
This is a new entry on the breast augmentation scene. It uses fat that has been removed from another part of your body to enlarge your breasts. The procedure begins with liposuction and ends with fat injections into your breasts.
Some women are choosing this so-called “natural breast augmentation” because it gives totally natural results and is less invasive than breast implant surgery. However, it has some significant drawbacks:
- It is not recommended if you want to go up more than half a cup in size.
- The results are not as controllable or predictable as they are with implant surgery.
- The procedure takes several weeks instead of a single day.
Is Breast Augmentation Right for You?
If you’ve been self-conscious about the way your body looks, you are not alone. Many women feel that their small breasts make them look less womanly, sexy, and desirable than they want to look. They dislike their flat, small breasts and feel self-conscious about them, especially when they’re wearing certain clothes.
Most women consider a voluptuous, sexy bust the ideal of feminine beauty. Have you spent years wondering what it would be like to flaunt a curvy, sexy bust? With safe, modern surgery, there is no reason to deny yourself any longer.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Breast augmentation is a safe, proven technique that has given many women the bodies of their dreams. It is an excellent option if you:
- Want to boost your self-confidence with a shapely bust.
- Have lost one or both breasts to cancer and other illnesses.
- Have breasts that are uneven in size.
- Want breast augmentation as part of an overall makeover.
- Are at a stable weight and generally healthy.
- Are a nonsmoker.
What If You Want a Breast Lift?
It’s important to remember that a breast lift and breast augmentation are different procedures. If you’re happy with the size of your breasts but you’re not happy with the way they’re sagging, a breast lift will lift them up and give them back their youthful placement high on your chest.
Breast augmentation is designed only to make your breasts fuller, rounder and larger. If your breasts are not sagging or loose, a breast augmentation will give you the large breasts you want.
Some women get both procedures at the same time. If you’re getting a breast lift, you might decide to add some fullness while you’re at it. If you’re interested in both fullness and lift, talk to our plastic surgeon about the best way to combine these procedures.
What Does a Breast Augmentation Procedure Involve?
Initial consultation. Every cosmetic surgical procedure should begin with a consultation with our surgeon. You’ll have the opportunity to discuss your goals for surgery, how you want your breasts to look, and what your plans for recovery are. In most cases, you’ll be able to see the implant types that are available.
Day of surgery. Your surgery will take place in total privacy and comfort at our doctor’s office or surgical clinic. The procedure takes from two to four hours. You will receive general anesthesia.
After the procedure. You can go home immediately after the procedure. No hospital stay is required. Be sure to follow our doctor’s instructions for medications and aftercare.
What Results Can You Expect from Breast Augmentation Surgery?
In the hands of a skilled surgeon, breast augmentation gives you a firm, full bust that is in proportion to your body. Your results can last for years.
Breast augmentation surgery has among the highest satisfaction outcomes among cosmetic procedures. Most women are thrilled with the results and glad that they had the procedure done.
What Happens after Your Breast Augmentation Surgery?
You should arrange to have someone drive you home after the surgery. You may still be tired and groggy from the anesthesia, and driving is not a good idea.
Once you’ve returned home, it’s important to rest and let your body recover.
You’re probably impatient to see what your new breasts look like, but at this point, they are still swollen and still healing. You’ll notice their larger size, but you won’t see them at their best until your body has fully healed.
During your recovery, follow our surgeon’s after-care instructions carefully. These might include:
- Dressing wounds.
- Wearing compression garments.
- Gentle massage.
Don’t be concerned if your breasts initially feel hard and look as if they’re too high up. After a few weeks, they will suddenly get softer and fall into place. This is what women who’ve had the surgery refer to as “drop and fluff.” It’s more likely to happen among women who went up more than two cup sizes and among younger women whose natural breasts are still perky.
Learn More about Breast Augmentation Surgery
Breast augmentation surgery has transformed the way millions of women look and the way they feel about themselves. If you’ve dreamed of a sexy, gorgeous bustline, there’s no reason to wait. The educated staff at Palms Wellington Plastic Surgery would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. We are conveniently located in Wellington, FL. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!